Monday, December 5, 2011

Praise; not perfection!

December 2011.

...de Wit family tree!


December is here.  Looking back at this past year we have been blessed!  Blessed with good things, but also blessed, yes blessed, with trials.  Trials are no fun, but once we get through them, learn from them and have climbed out of the valley, we can stop and look back and just see the blessing, the beauty of it all. 

Last year when we still had 5 children, folks in stores or at the market would comment on how busy I must be, and yes I was, but I did not consider myself THAT busy.  Then Joel came around and although he is a very content happy baby, the thought of now having 6(!) is very overwhelming.  I am learning how to manage my time/chores/homeschooling better than I have ever done.  For me having two or three was a breeze, I mean...I just went with the flow.  Gone are the days that I can just go with the flow.  I now need to keep 6 children occupied with good things otherwise they will keep me occupied with bad things!  =)   

I am learning that God does not want me to be perfect, have a perfect home, be a perfect mom and wife, but He wants my praise!  I can praise Him even when the house is a mess, I can praise Him when I fail because He has done so much for me, even when I had no idea!  He died for me, He took my burden of sin and He cleansed me and made me whole!  Yes, I will praise Him! 


I thank Him for my family!  Every one of my children!  Is it still overwhelming?  Yes, but I can still praise Him. 


Why art thou cast down, O my soul? 
And why are thou disquieted within me? 
Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him,
who it the health of my countenance and my God
 Psalms 42:11 






ps. Joseph, sorry it took so long, but here are the pictures!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always appreciate your kind words!