Monday, March 12, 2012

Morning Ritual


Soon, as the days grow warmer this early morning sight will be a memory. 
A happy one.
These two are early risers, and as I make breakfast for dad, they sit together on a chair to warm up by the stove, lovingly rekindled by dad.  They sit and poke each other, sing songs, hug and kiss and Joels response to Gesina's "oh, I love you, Joel" is a gigantic smile. 

One morning I carefully pulled the blankets a little more over Joel as I slipped out of bed, not to wake him (occasionally we have him in our bed when he is sick or something)  Gesina had made her way into our bed too, and I thought she was sleeping as my toes touched the floor.  Then I heard a wee small voice: "I will take care of um..."  Haha, she is such a caring little mama!  She knows what I am thinking, be it in the kitchen or where ever! Some folks wonder if I really have a girl, but oh, she sure is a girlie girl!  She is so helpful and puts away my laundry, washes/dries my dishes, stirs the food I am cooking/baking the way it should without spilling... ah, yes I have a girl, amidst all these rough and tumble little men! When daddy comes home she races down the stairs, flies outside to greet him in her bare feet...snow, ice or not.  Her dress twirling around her and her hands throwing up her little apron with sheer delight. 

As we often say...

We are the happiest family around!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Always appreciate your kind words!