Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A day in the life of us...

I am learning more and more how to keep boys busy. I usually clean the floor when they are down for naps, but last week after reading a child training article about just needing to be more relaxed, I spotted a blueberry on the floor! (it had even been stepped on) So, it was time for momma to relax. I asked who did it, but Nobody did it and he was nowhere to be seen. So, I calmly gave two boys a wet rag and they were allowed to clean the whole floor for me! How relaxing is that for a momma! I highly recommend it!
This morning they were allowed to clean the floor too, and on top of that, they even saw that the wood stove needed a good wipe. They are becoming number one workers and they are happy about it too!
It's so easy to become frustrated when the workload just piles up and you then spy a smushed blueberry on the floor; but I am learning to look on the bright side and make negative things into something productive!
I love Lavender! Ah, the smell...!
the colour!

the look...!
After picking up a load of firewood, we stopped in by the Amish to pick up cucumbers to make pickles from. The boys soon found the horse and while Jan and Pieter pet and admire, Hendrik does his own thing...
...the joys of boys...
When we were done stacking wood into the trailer, I had a hard time getting them back into the Van because they had found a ant nest and a bug. On the way to the Amish I made it known that they did not obey right away. They promised that at the Amish, they would do better...and they did! As soon as I said: "Boys, it's time to go," they bounded toward the van.

while the boys unloaded the trailer, Gesina played in her car.
such a sweet delight!

the boys piling the wood in the new wood shed

Working so had they needed a break...can you find them?

a new favorite spot..
the way down...

Pieter's next...

And Hendrik wasn't so daring~today

A new species of BATS!


Lunch time! Smoked trout fillet made by daddy!

our flower and herb garden
Rein recovering from a sore mouth. The blisters are healing well.
And last but not least, here is Hendrik, who is overly fascinated by the trap from ome Pieter.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing your day, Becky.
    I hand my children a roll of paper towels and a spray bottle filled with water and vinegar. They go all over the house cleaning the floors, NO furniture :o)

    Your little ones are so beautiful! I love their blonde hair.....so precious;o)

    You are one BLESSED momma! Enjoy your babies!
    Love, Micah

    ReplyDelete

Always appreciate your kind words!