Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lessons for today

For miss Gesina's lesson today, we hope to focus on staying in the kitchen and not wandering to the bathroom to test all our toothbrushes.

Rein's lesson is NO WHINING! From this picture you would think he never whines, but he is a pro at it, mind you! =) He whines when I wipe his face or wash his hair, so I hope to do alot of that today and remember him that it can be done with a smile!

Hendrik's lesson is to walk in love. He has this drive, which is a blessing, but sometimes he can use it in the wrong way. So today, out of many, many more, we hope to work on it! A.g.a.i.n.

Pieter, sweet Pieter. He is learning not to provoke others to jealousy. He is the last one to get attention, and when he gets it, he will 'haw-haw' at the other children. He needs attention just as much as they do, and I need to learn to tell the others to relax and not be so demanding, so Pieter may get some love, too!

This is not the best picture of Jan; his clothes are too small as he keeps growing and growing, his teeth need fixing, and his hair is too long, but he has a GREAT attitude. He motivates me and keeps me accountable. He is not feeling well today, so I gave him a boost to prevent the flu. I would like him to focus on clear pronounciation while reading out loud.
`
`
As for me: I have a challenge to figure out how my new SERGER works! Yes, that is right! My dear hubby came home yesterday and dropped a big box on a nearby stool before we embraced. Then he casually walked away, leaving the box in full sight for me to discover. He is so FUN! And I am so blessed to be his queen!
Last night I fiddelled around with it, and this afternoon my dear friend Marilyn hopes to come and maybe she can give me some tips on how to opperate it. Please Marilyn? Pretty please? =)
`
Some other things I am learning is, to maintain a meek and quiet spirit, keeping my home running smoothly, and not trying to do it on my own, but seeking the Lord's guidance and strength.
`
So, we have a full day ahead of us. I have my sleeves rolled up and am ready to run the race that is set before me!
`
`
Did anyone say Fall cleaning?




1 comment:

  1. What sweet pictures! Don't we all have lessons to learn?!

    Maintaining a meek and quiet spirit is a daily prayer of mine.

    Hope you have success with your serger, I do like mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Always appreciate your kind words!