Thursday, May 7, 2009

A happy day...

Yesterday it was a beautiful spring day; so why stay indoors...

We tidied up, did our jurisdictions and gathered our books and pencils into a basket and headed out and did our learning and practising on the trampoline! It is truly not the best place to be when you have to do your work neatly, but it was a good lesson to put others first. We all had the urge to bounce, just a little, but then the one writing would make a mess. I should jot down in their books that that was the day we did our schooling on the trampoline...therefore the messy handwriting!

After a short story about words and how they can make either a person feel sad or happy, Jan and I went through his timetables and he did some problem solving after that in his notebook.
Pieter needed something to help him do his math with, so he gathered some small stones and put them to use.
Hendrik and Rein played in the sandbox or caused trouble by coming on the trampoline and jumping....

:: the trampoline is a place for many a fun thing....
made even more fun when Vader is there! ::

:: too bad you can't hear all the laughter, hollering and shouting going on! ::


In the afternoon Pieter Jr and I went our and gathered dandelion leaves to dry and we biked to the railroad tracks to pick flowers. That inspired us to decorate the chocolate cake with apple blossoms that we were planning to make for dessert. It turned out so nice looking that I wonder why I don't do that more often.
I enjoy the simple things in life...



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day. I'm sure the boys were thrilled to be outside. :)

    I like how you used the word jurisdictions, I just read the Dugger's book and I liked their idea of calling chores jurisdictions.

    May the Lord bless you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jurisdictions sounds so much more important-like, don't you think? It is so helpful when REAL little men do REAL work!

    ReplyDelete

Always appreciate your kind words!