Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A little girl to love and cherish...

One sunny day the boys were outside finishing chores and playing, and as I hung out the wash, our little miss delight sat in her highchair...
...and watched the boys down below...

...as she munched on a cracker.


What a pleasure to have a sweet gentle girl amongst all those boys! If she wants attention she either grunts or growls, and if that doesn't seem to do the trick, she can also do the 'high pitched screech'. As a mom, I sometimes am too busy to even notice what she is doing, growling or screeching like that, but then I hear her brother Jan, 8, correcting her and telling her no-no. That sure warms my momma heart. The boys love and enjoy her, rough her up, and make sure she is well taken care of!
We love camping and with another camping trip coming up, I decided to blanket train her, since most of the time she plays in her playpen. I can just imagine all the pretty things she can find and be putting in her mouth as she crawls on the grass... So, we put spread out a *pink* blanket, placed her on, gave her with a few toys, telling her no-no when she wanted to crawl off. The boys sat around, watching, ready to say 'the word' if she made an attempt to move on to better things, and off the blanket. I was amazed at how quickly she caught on. She stayed on the blanket, all pretty-like as she tasted her toys. Training makes life so easy....expecially when you have boys to help along.
For some reason I don't think they will be even near that *pink* blanket once she sits on it while momma is busy around the camp site...

ahh, the joys of boys and the blessing of being just a mom!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious baby girl! She has gotten so big too. :)

    I had to chuckle at your last comment about the pink blanket and no boys around while at camp. I think you are right about that. :) They will have things they want to see.

    It is a blessing to be just a mom, I fully agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I am in love! Such a Beautiful Little Girl, Becky! You are one Blessed Momma :o) Micah

    ReplyDelete

Always appreciate your kind words!